03 June, 2009

TV Conflict: My life without a DVR

had one but I don't now. Don't think that I'm a hater, actually I have a Ubuntu media server / DVR which I choose not to use all that much-no remote-. Applications and sites such as HULU, fancast and a multitude of torrents constitute the entire functionality of a DVR and more (Cloud Work / Computing). Working within an open source platform / community is a great way to develop a broadly appealing and highly usercentric component based GUI. As a side note: the same manner in which diverse media structures and tools are available in setting up a DVR substitute, ubiquitous laboratory instruments such as thermal cyclers, spectrophotometers, spectrometers, integrated liquid handling systems and opensource software can all be intricately woven together into a broadly applicable LIMS system.

No comments:

Post a Comment